Monday, June 15, 2015

I've been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award!


Hey guys! This morning I was looking through my comments and saw that I've been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by both Ellie from EllesBelles Bookshelf and Anissa from The Bookworm Central. This is my very first award nomination, so thanks so much to these two awesome ladies for nominating me. So here are the official rules as per their blogs:

1. Link to the blogger who has nominated you
2. List 7 random facts about you
3. Nominate 7 creative, beautiful bloggers 
4. Nominate the people you nominated 


1. My main spoken language is French. 
2.When I was little I was convinced a giant snake lived in our toilet. I was an interesting kid...
3. I can't actually pronounce my own name. I have an Indian name, Soudha, but because I speak mainly French, I'm unable to pronounce the 'h' in my name. I go for 'Soo-dah' when it's actually pronounced 'Soo-duh-ha' in Hindi. So yep, I can't pronounce my own name! 
4. I suck at photography.
5. And cooking.
6. I live on an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean. I'm not even kidding.
7. I'm kinda obsessed with Disney (but you probably already knew that).


Ali @ Ali Caitrin
Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy 

Thanks again Ellie and Anissa for nominating me. Looking forward to reading the responses of the wonderful ladies nominated above!

Follow me here:



11 comments:

  1. Yay! Go Soudha:D!! Lol, poor thing, has anyone ever looked at you funny for not pronouncing your own name right? I have the opposite problem, no one says mine right but I do. Whats it like living out there? Is it hard to get stuff? Like youre not stuck like Gilligan are you???

    Awe shucks:3 Thanks for nominating me, I'll have to work on this<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes the people who can actually say my name right think I'm funny for not being able to pronounce it :p I like your name. I'm not sure if I'd be like those who pronounce it correctly though, haha! Oh, Mauritius is a rather nice place to live but it does get hard to get some stuff. All my books for instance I buy online because here we get a very restricted selection. Haha nope, I'm not in a Gilligan situation XD. Maybe one of these days I'll do a post about Mauritius :)

      Can't wait to read your response ;)

      Delete
    2. I get that, but since you speak more French its more than understandable why you'd have a hard time with it:) Lol, I'm not sure but it doesnt matter! I've learned not to care after all these years, as long as you dont call me the entirely wrong namexD! That makes sense, it must be fun though to live on an island. I'd love to see a post about it, or learn more about your island living. Ha, good! I'm not sure how'd I'd save you if you were in one of those situations!

      I shall post it this Wednesday;)

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow it must be pretty cool to live on an island! I wouldn't mind doing that once in my life as well. I have a friend who is Indian and we all sort of pronounce his name differently lol, so I think I can understand the dilemma you might be facing there! French sounds so beautiful, so I would love to hear you speak it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life can be rather peaceful here in Mauritius. It would be cool to have, like, decent bookstores and at least one Starbucks but it's quite nice all the same :p Yeah, while I prefer English for writing when it comes to conversations I do favor French. I once had an English teacher who told me my English sounds like French :p Maybe one day if I gather the courage to make a video and post in on my blog you'll to hear me speak French ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! Wow, so cool to live on an island and that you speak French (I really want to learn French, but I have such a hard time disciplining myself to spend the time on it.) And sometimes I remember when I was afraid of weird things in the house as a kid. I'm so glad I don't have that anymore! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Charlene ;) I understand what you mean! I'd really love to love Japanese for instance but I guess I'm too lazy to actually commit to it :p

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination. To continue on here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm checking your post right away ;)

      Delete
  5. In my head I've been pronouncing your name Soo-dah, lol. Thank you again for the nomination. I will try to get my response up soon as I'm kind of behind on my blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's rare for people to pronounce my name the way I do ^_^ You're welcome Melissa :)

      Delete