Tuesday, August 2, 2016

My 100th Blog Post! (Which ended up becoming a freestyle post because I suck at time management XD)

Hi guys! Today's post is a really exciting one because... it's my 100th post ^^ 

Source

So back when I noticed I was nearing the 100th post, I thought it would be fun to do something special on the blog to celebrate. Right?? But then it began to rain assignments and suddenly I wasn't even blogging as much as I used to. Don't even get me started on my reading! Sometimes, I... I... I go for entire weeks without reading... *Gasp*

So yeah, my 100th post is finally here and to be honest, I haven't planned anything special to celebrate. So instead, I just decided to write something completely freestyle. I never do this but then again, it's kind of fun to just write whatever I feel like. (Heavens, the editing this post will need afterwards XD).


Firstly, how about a little life update? 


We're nearing the end of the first semester here (already?!) and the workload is crazier than ever. I haven't been able to do much sightseeing here in Malaysia because... workload, again. I've also been mostly busy getting the hang of things. Living by myself, keeping myself fed (fun times!) and cleaning stuff (which I hate doing!). It doesn't help that I'm a super lazy person who sucks at basic housekeeping... partly because I had never really washed dishes or done laundry before moving abroad for uni...


Source


How about the fun part? The STUDYING?? 

Surprisingly, I'm actually enjoying my studies. And that people, is something I've never, EVER, said before. I used to hate uni when doing my Bachelor degree. And don't get me started on my high school days! But here, the lecturers are really nice and for the first time in a looong time, I find myself in an environment where people actually appreciate the work I do. So I guess that's what keeps me motivated. So yeah, with regards to the studying, things have been quite good and yep, even with the hardcore schedule. 


So how do I spend my days here?

I've been around the city a little bit but to be honest, I haven't been able to see much of Malaysia so far. I made some friends here but none of them live on campus so it does get a little lonely here sometimes. However, I keep myself busy with work and reading whenever I can and so far it's not that bad. Lately, I've picked up journaling and that has been super fun. Maybe I'll write a post about journaling at some point. It's become a favorite hobby of mine and it's also been helping me record memories and save little things I've collected so far, like for example a verrry long receipt from a bookshop that I completely fell in love with here ^^


Source

And now a word about blogging...

I love it. I always will. I might not have as much time as I used to for it but blogging is something I still enjoy a lot and I'll always find some time to squeeze in a new post in my crazy schedule. I haven't been able to write all the fun stuff I had planned for the last few months but I've been saving them for later and I promise I have lots of cool posts planned for you guys. Plus, it's really nice to know that no matter how hectic or crazy my life gets, on the other side of the screen I still have you guys ^^ So thanks for reading my blog. Thanks also for your friendship. It means a lot to me ♥

Okay, writing a post completely freestyle was actually kind of fun. I hope you enjoyed it! Until next time, happy reading ^^
Source

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 100 posts! Glad to hear all about your life over there too :) I'm sorry you're feeling a bit lonely but happy you're keeping busy, making friends, loving your studies and journaling! Thanks for keeping in touch with us through all of this and well, keep up the good work :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post! That's so great that you're enjoying your studies; knowing that all of your hard work is appreciated definitely makes a huge difference. I hope you get some time to do some more sightseeing soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your 100th post! It sounds like you're hard at work with the studying but at least you're enjoying it too! Maybe you can do a ton of sight seeing to celebrate having a break from all the work load. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete