Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Afternoon Tea - Book Tag

Hi guys! Today I'm doing the Afternoon Tea Book Tag, which I first saw in a video by Amanda Center, and which was created by YouTuber Chelsea Bartlett and whose original video you can watch here.


Source
So those of you who've been around for a while already know that I'm quite the tea lover. Give me a good book and a warm cup of tea and I'll be happy! So when I saw this tag, I immediately thought that this was possibly the best book tag idea ever :) 

Now make yourself a warm cup of tea, get comfortable and read on ^^


1. Tea - A book you find comfort in.


Source
Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson is a memoir in which the author talks about her struggles with mental illness and the ways it affects her everyday life and her work. What I love about the book though is that not only is it super relatable, but it also deals with the subject with humor and lightheartedness, which is something most books featuring mental illness don't normally have. So instead of dumping a lot of information on the reader about mental illness, the author shares funny anecdotes and informal thoughts and manages to make readers who face the same issues feel motivated and better about themselves. So yeah, this one one of those books in which I did find comfort. And I would definitely recommend it.

2. Scones - A big but delicious book.



Source
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. While the book is quite big, once you start reading it, you won't even notice how many pages there are in there. The book is written so well and full of so many unexpected twists and turns that you will quickly lose yourself in the narrative and by the time you finish the book, you won't even feel like you just read a big book. 


3. Clotted cream - A book you didn’t like at first but grew to love.


Source

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. The first time I read it, I was a little underwhelmed. The second time though, probably because I knew what to expect, I found myself really enjoying the book. I also really enjoyed the sequel, Hollow City, although the last book left me a tad disappointed. Overall though, I'm glad I decided to give this series another go


4. Finger sandwiches - A book you like but is not quite satisfying.


Source
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Okay, don't get me wrong. I loved this book and I do love the whole series. The only thing that left me feeling slightly disappointed though was a plot point that the previous book, Dream Thieves, hinted at and which I thought would play a bigger part in Blue Lily, Lily Blue. Beginning of spoiler - In Dream Thieves, we find out that Ronan is in fact gay and it's hinted that he might even be attracted to Adam, which is something I absolutely dig. So going into the next book, I was sure we would see more of that but it just didn't happen. I'm thinking it'll show up in the Raven King? At least I hope so! - End of spoiler.



5. Jam - Your favorite pair: Characters that are just sweet together.


Source
For this I have to pick Manon and her wyvern, from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas because I think they just make an adorable pair. Manon is a ruthless witch and right from the start, we're shown how hard and unflinching she is. So to see this seemingly heartless witch leader actually bound with her wyvern as if it were a little puppy was just kind of cute.


6. Petit fours - Favorite short story or novella.


Source
I just have to pick Something Old, Something New, which is the last story in Stars Above, a Lunar Chronicles anthology by Marissa Meyer. That story kind of serves as a final conclusion to the main series and it was simply perfection.

7. Strawberries & cream - A dynamic duo.


Source
Cinder and Thorne from Scarlet (and the rest of the series) by Marissa Meyer. I love the friendship between these two and also the fact that nothing romantic ever develops between them. Instead, we get this really cool friendship full with fun banter and unflinching loyalty which was rather refreshing in a YA fantasy setting. And indeed, these two form quite the dynamic duo.


8. Favorite teacup - A beautiful and fragile character who is too pure for this world.


Source
Ada from the graphic novel series Alex + Ada by Johnathan Luna. Ada is an android that goes sentient at the beginning of the series. All she knows of the world is what has been inputted in her database. So when she finally goes sentient and becomes her own person, she's pretty much like a newborn. In that respect, there's something rather pure and almost childlike about her. And by the way, if you enjoy graphic novels, I would strongly recommend you give this one a try!

So that's it for this tag. I hope you enjoyed it and as usual, I'm looking forward to your comments ^^ Also, if you too love tea, feel free to do this tag on your blog as well!

12 comments:

  1. This is such a cute tag! I love drinking tea while reading. :D I loved every word of Clockwork Princess and wouldn't have minded at all if it had had even more pages than it did, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Clockwork Princess was so good it didn't even feel like I was reading a big book. I also love to drink tea while I'm reading, especially in the morning :)

      Delete
  2. Love this tag! I love tea and looking at your delicious pics made me hungry! I REALLY want to comment on your Ronan spoiler tag from BLLB and Raven King but I won't. Just...PLEASE read Raven King soon ok?! :D YAY for Manon and her Wyvern ♥ And Cinder and Thorne! I loved their friendships :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, looking for the pics also made me hungry! OMG, you're really killing me with that Raven King comment!!! I want to read the book sooo bad! I just haven't received my copy yet :'(

      Delete
  3. I totally love Cinder and Throne together! Their funny banter and pokes at each other was simply the best thing ever and made me laugh until it hurt at some points. They have such an awesome friendship. I also adore Something Old, Something New as well! I think it was such a nice little ending though I'm still hungry for more! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, their banter was the best ^^ And like you, even if I looooved Something Old, I would really love even more stories from that universe. I guess we'll be getting those graphic novels about Iko, so there's that :)

      Delete
  4. I think I'm going to do this one!! Why did you have to share such succulent pictures??? I love Cinder and Thorne!! Great answers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, and let me know when your post is up so that I can read it :) Haha, I know right?? Looking for those pictures make me so hungry XD.

      Delete
  5. Cinder and Thorne do have a good friendship and work well together. In fact, I mostly like all the difference combinations in character you can get in the Lunar Chronicles. I would agree that Clockwork Princess is a big book. But I need to finish the second Infernal Devices book first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I absolutely agree! I love how Marissa Meyer is able to create all those relationship combos between the characters. I hope you finish the Infernal Devices. It only gets better with each book :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Soudha! Lovely post!
    I am going to say that I was really excited with this tag and I might do it soon on my blog! I am a tea lover myself! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do the tag too! I'll be happy to read your answers for these :)

      Delete